Friday, February 11, 2011

Fantastic Mr Fox

I loved Roald Dahl books as a child, and this was one of my favourites. From what I can tell, there were  three different illustrators for the book. So depending on the edition, you will get different illustrations.


All three artists are great.



















Donald Chaffin goes with the cute route





As does Jill Bennett.














Quentin Blake doesn't quite go down the cute route, but the pictures are a lot of fun.

What I don't get is the movie




I can't speak for Wes Anderson's direction, because I haven't watched the movie. I know, I know, whining on about a movie you haven't seen, right? Well, the truth is, I can't watch it. Simply because of the design. Look at it! They just look...dead.

I'm a bit odd about movies. I'm okay with pretty much anything as long as it doesn't have excessive use of handheld camera (I doubt the theatre workers would appreciate the massive amounts of vomit I'd produce) or uncanny valley. Which is what the foxes are. And for that matter, the blue people in Avatar. I swear I've handled pure gore movies more easily than just looking at this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment